Thursday, March 25, 2010

Doin some work in the sun.

Hey constant reader, welcome back. Well, we had some sun on Tuesday, after a weekend of snow, I get 75 degree days. Welcome to Texas and I say thankya. Well, I decided to spend a little time on the bus, so I took an afternoon off. Previously, I mentioned that Doodle needed a new engine seal. Well, I didnt feel right driving him with all that hot air getting in all around the motor, so I spent a mere $40 (not really that much to protect the heart of ole Doodle) and bought me a new seal.


Well well. Not bad I'd say. So I started taking out the old one, which was mostly missing anyway, and it came out in little bitty greasy clumps. But eventually I got it all out.


Yep. Quite a bit of difference from old to new, huh? Well, if you know anything about buses, the engine seal is the most important thing to have. So, I spent about the next 30 minutes installing it. Not that it was hard, just that getting it around all that fuel injection stuff was a pain. Not that I'm complaining, mind you, it was a labor of love. And, I think it turned out pretty good, and his motor is safely sealed off from the outside hot air, which is okay with me. What? You want to see the finished product? Well sure.




What's that? Why yes, yes it does look better, thanks for noticing. I still need to get a screen and timing scale for it as you can see by this pic, but rest assured, its on the way. So, that major major (not so major) bit of maintenance out of the way, I took a look at Doodles tired tires. Hmm. Thats sad.





Hmm. Thats pretty bad. Luckily for me, I had just bought a set of correctly load rated Vanco2s for my other bus, and had kept them when I sold it. I think I'm gonna go ahead and install those suckers. First, a gratuitous upper canvas shot for absolutely no reason whatsoever, other than it was nice and I felt like it.


Ah. That out of the way, lets look back at the task at hand. Now as far as the dates on the wheels say, all of them are the originals. So those will be saved and powder coated silver in later episodes of the Doodle Chronicles, but for now, I am mounting them just like they are, on freshly painted white wheels. Sound good? Great. You know I need your approval Constant Reader, so thanks for having my back.







Hell, I dunno about you, but that looks pretty good to me. Me and Doodle then took a stroll, and man. You can sure feel the difference on these brand new tires. Awsome. Maybe its just that I love driving him that much. Hmm. Dunno, but either way, I'm all smiles. What? Another superflous Doodle pic for no reason? Why yes indeed.





He's handsome, right? Go ahead, admit it. I already know. Until next time Constant Reader, if there are troubles in this world that tinkering on a VW Bus in the warm sunshine wont fix, I dont know what they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment